OUR AIRFIELD TURNS 20!
Palm Springs Air Museum Family Day
Once again, the Palm Springs Air Museum asked the CVRC Club to participate in their Family Day over the July 4th holiday weekend. Several members of the club were on hand at the Palm Springs Air Museum for Family Day, July 2, 2022, to introduce the public to RC flight and our club, along with building balsa gliders, and lessons on the RealFlight flight simulator. The kids, and the club members, had a great time building balsa gliders and testing their skills in the distance competitions that were held several times during the day-long event.
SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM!!
The Coachella Valley RC Club and Desert Recreation District partner to bring you a great summer program for our Valley kids! Come out for FREE Introductory Flight Training at the CVRC Club field at Canal Regional Park this June and July! Learn to fly RC planes!!
CVRC Club, Canal Regional Park, 89452 54th Ave., Thermal, CA
Beginning Introductory Flights: June 4 & 18, 8:00am – 11:00am
Continuing Introductory Flights: July 16 & 30, 8:00am – 11:00am
- Our experienced pilots will teach you how to fly using “buddy boxes” so you can enjoy safe and worry-free flying!
- The only pre-requisite is knowing right from left.
- Weather Permitting
- All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will stay during the flight instruction. (Learn to fly too!)
- Shade is provided, but the field facilities are all outdoors. Wear cool clothing and sunscreen!
- More questions? Email Reg Modlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
900' Dawn to Dusk; 2000' with Notification
After years of hard work and negotiations with the FAA culminating in a 4-day-long “Safety Risk Mitigation (SRM)” meeting, we finally have an official Letter of Agreement with the FAA and the Southern California Terminal Radar Approach Control (SoCal TRACON) granting our airfield a 900’ altitude limit dawn to dusk every day, and a 2000’ altitude limit with 24 hr notice to the FAA and SoCal TRACON. Our club is one of only a handful of RC airfields in the US to receive such an exception.
89452 54th Ave., Thermal, CA
Eastbound on I-10
Turn off on 86 S expressway. Turn left at 52nd Ave., turn right on Fillmore St., turn left on 54th Ave., go past Pierce St. to field entrance.
Westbound on I-10
Exit I-10 at Dillon Rd. left. Proceed to 86 S expressway South. Turn left at 52nd Ave., turn right on Fillmore St., turn left on 54th Ave., go past Pierce St. to field entrance.
Follow us on Facebook!
Don't forget to support your local hobby shop!
- Indoor-On Road/Off-Road carpet track
- R/C cars, trucks, quads, boats, planes and more
- Turbine jet build center and service
77583 El Duna Ct., Palm Desert, CA